A downloadable tool for Windows and macOS
Procedural Pixel Art Generator
Easily create hundreds of pixel art sprites for games or any other project using procedural generation, with an easy to use interface.
Build your own generation grid using pre-defined options, then start generating using the different output settings.
User has complete control over all the generation process, from the initial grid to the settings used during generation.
Includes a collection of pre-built grids to get you up and running quickly, which can be edited to suit your needs.
Some of the features included:
- Create .crypix generation grids using the 5 procedural grid brushes.
- Mirror the grid vertically, horizontally or in both directions.
- Switch between Grid View, Output view and a Split Panel View.
- Output up-to 500 sprites per re-generation.
- Change the output preview background colour.
- Scale the outputted sprites up-to 8x.
- Output .png sprite in original pixel size or scaled pixel size.
- Undo/Redo grid changes up-to 10 actions.
- Import/Export .crypix grid files.
- 1-bit mode for retro style sprites.
- And much more…
All purchases include the following:
- Portable Windows application, unzip and double click CryPixels.exe.
- MacOS app, unzip and drag app to your applications folder.
- 14 example generation grids to get you started.
- Free updates for the whole v1.x series up to v1.9.
- Priority support via email email@example.com or the forum.
Minimum system requirements:
Microsoft Windows 7 or later / macOS 10.9 or later
Great way to quickly create multiple variations of graphics! Fast and easy to use. Lots of options, I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of what it can do. Exports as separate .pngs so the output is ready to use in your games without cutting out the graphics manually. Lots of options including greyscale/desaturated or super saturated, X and Y mirroring and a bunch of other stuff I haven't played with yet. I'm loving it so far!
– Ian Martin (@IanMartin273)
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 1.3.1 now availableAug 05, 2020
- Version 1.3 launchApr 17, 2020
- CryPixels Documentation updateOct 15, 2018
- Version 1.2 now availableMay 02, 2018
- Version 1.1.1 now availableMar 08, 2018
- Version 1.1 now availableFeb 15, 2018
- Update on v1.1 developmentJan 02, 2018
- Version 1.0 now availableDec 30, 2017